Degrees and Certificates Offered
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Mihail Eduard Tudoreanu
Anyone with a baccalaureate degree from an accredited school can apply for admission to the Data Science certificate program. Candidates who have a background in computer programming, database concepts, and applied statistics, or who have professional experience in an information analysis role will be the most prepared to enter and successfully complete the program.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of any remedial course work that may be specified by the department. Students seeking regular admission to the program are expected to have completed (with a grade of B or better in each course) course work or have professional experience equivalent to the following UALR courses:
- IFSC 2300 Object-Oriented Technology
- IFSC 3320 Database Concepts
- STAT 2350 Intro to Statistical Methods
Applicants with a baccalaureate degree who fail to meet one or more of the other requirements for regular admission may be granted conditional admission. For conditionally accepted students, regular admission status would be granted once the student has satisfied the stipulations mentioned in the admission letter.
See website for more information