Choose a program
Check your deadlines
With rare exceptions, deadlines are strictly enforced. We encourage you to check with both your prospective program and the Graduate School for specific upcoming deadlines. Failure to meet any deadline the program or the Graduate School has in place may result in an incomplete application that will not be processed.
Learn the requirements
In addition to their program’s requirements, all applicants must submit various items to the Graduate School, including:
- Official transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and universities.
- International students must have their transcripts articulated. Transcripts that have not been articulated can be submitted for the application process; however, if a student is granted admission, WES-articulated transcripts must be submitted to the Graduate School before he or she can register for classes.
- Proof of a grade point average of at least 2.7 on a 4.00 scale, including post-baccalaureate hours.
- Official standardized test scores taken in the last 5 years, if required by the prospective program.
- $40 non-refundable application fee paid via the online application.
- A copy of your government-issued photo ID.
- Proof of 2 MMR vaccines. Contact your program coordinator if you think you are eligible for a waiver. Students only in the UALR Online programs are exempt.
In addition to their program’s requirements, international students must submit the Graduate School’s international student requirements.
NOTE: Fulfillment of all application requirements at both the Graduate School and the graduate program level does not ensure admission into the program. For reasons unrelated to academic qualifications, including but not limited to faculty approval, laboratory space, and funding, a qualified applicant may not be admitted into a graduate program.