Degrees and Certificates Offered
Master of Science and Master of Arts
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Nawab Ali
All application materials should be submitted by the date below, depending on the semester being applied for:
Fall: April 15
Spring: November 1
- Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate biological discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Upper- level course work in four of the following six areas:
- Cell or molecular biology
- Organismal biology
- Two lecture courses in physics and four lecture courses in chemistry, including inorganic and organic chemistry
- Combined scores of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE general section. GRE tests must have been taken within the last five years.
- International students must present TOEFL scores. Minimum scores for acceptance are 525 on the paper-based test, 195 on the computer-based version, or 72 on the IBT version.
- Formal letter of application written by the applicant, including a personal statement of career interests and objectives
- Three letters of recommendation from persons well acquainted with the applicant. Letters from former faculty are expected. Students applying to the thesis track are encouraged to obtain a letter of support from a faculty advisor.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum entrance requirements may be admitted conditionally. In these cases, full admission is contingent upon successful completion of courses to remove any undergraduate deficiencies and completion of 12 graduate credits with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
See website for more information