Degrees and Certificates Offered
Master of Science
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Peiyi Tang
- Baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline from an accredited institution
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test with quantitative reasoning score of 156 or above, a verbal reasoning score of 145 or above, and analytical writing score 3.0 or above. The desired combined quantitative and verbal score is 301.
- If applicable, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 or above or equivalent IELTS score is recommended.
- Completion of deficiency course work. All students seeking admission to the program must have completed (with a grade of B or greater in each course) undergraduate course work equivalent to the following:
- CPSC 2380 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CPSC 2382 Introduction to Computer Systems and Assembly Language
- CPSC 3370 Net Centric Computing I: Systems Concepts
- CPSC 3371 Net Centric Computing II: Language Concepts
- CPSC 3375 Database Concepts I
- CPSC 3482 Computer Organization I
- MATH 1451 Calculus I and 1452 Calculus II
- MATH 2310 Discrete Mathematics
- Students must complete deficiency course work prior to enrolling in graduate classes. Exception: students with a single deficiency course remaining may register for that class and graduate classes as long as no prerequisites are violated. Waiver of deficiency courses is at the discretion of the Computer Science Graduate Committee.
See website for more information