This is an existing program but is not accepting new students at this time due to changes in the degree.
Degrees and Certificates Offered
Master of Education
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Amy Sedivy-Benton
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale),
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate courses,
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- In addition to the required GPA, applicants must have passing scores on Praxis CORE for Educator Tests.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution,
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of no lower than 2.5, and
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of at least 144 on the Verbal Scale, 141 on the Quantitative Scale, and 4.5 on the Analytical Writing Scale
- Completion of at least 12 semester hours of graduate course work in another UALR graduate program or graduate program from another regionally accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and no grade lower than a B
- Upon review of applicant’s transcript, additional content (mathematics, science, language arts, social studies) hours may be required. You must meet with your advisor about this after an audit of your transcript(s).
- At least 15 hours in the area of concentration (6 of which must be at the 3000 or above level)
- 12 hours in the three areas not chosen as a concentration
- A satisfactory interview completed with Middle Childhood faculty
See website for more information