This is an existing program but is not accepting new students at this time due to changes in the degree.
Degrees and Certificates Offered
Master of Education
Program Coordinator Contact Information
Dr. Jennifer Hune
All applicants must have the following:
- A valid standard teacher license (Arkansas or other state); contact advisor for exceptions.
- Favorable recommendations from faculty in the program
Regular Admission (additional requirements):
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75. (4.0 scale)
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate courses
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution; a cumulative undergraduate GPA of no lower than 2.5; and a Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score of at least 144 on the Verbal Scale, 149 on the Quantitative Scale, and 4.5 on the Analytical Writing Scale
- Alternatively, a candidate may complete at least 12 semester hours of graduate course work in another UALR graduate program or graduate program from another regionally accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and no grade lower than a B.
See website for more information