Nursing – Computer Support Graduate Assistant
The Department of Nursing is seeking a qualified Graduate Assistant to fill the role of a part-time Computer Support Technician. This position is responsible for a wide range of activities related to computer support such as maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware and software systems, including faculty and staff workstations and the various equipment within the simulation lab.
- Resolves hardware or software problems in response to user questions and requests for assistance by diagnosing the source of malfunctions, recommending corrective actions, and/or consulting with appropriate staff or vendor. Installs, configures, upgrades, or replaces PC, laptop, server, mannequin and video capture hardware and software for users.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for necessary adjustments to applications to satisfy user requirements.
- Provides recommendations on the purchase of user hardware and software.
- Assists in planning, preparation, and conducting seminars on software, hardware, network or other computer related topics.
- Communicates with vendors, including reporting of problems, follow-up, updating system users, and resolution of problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A current graduate student at UA Little Rock, in good academic standing
- Knowledge of the limitations and use of PC, laptop, server, and integrated hardware
- Knowledge of current application software packages and programming concepts
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose, and rectify software and hardware problems
- Ability to analyze computer specifications and apply programming logic
Interviews begin immediately. Qualified applicants should send a letter of application, resume, and reference list to:
Director of IT – College of Education & Health Professions