The UA Little Rock Division of Student Affairs has one graduate assistant position for
the spring 2019 semester, and possibly for 2019-2020.
Date: January 22, 2019 – May 14, 2019
Arkansas State Title: Graduate Assistant
UA Little Rock Functional Title: Graduate Assistant
Position Number: G23993-02
Department: Division of Student Affairs
Reports to (Position number and Title): Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (R97779)
and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (R99819)
Hours: 20 hours per week*
Compensation: Scholarship and stipend
The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is
seeking a qualified and motivated graduate student assistant (GA) to help with various
projects, including heading up communication efforts in the division (to students, within
the division, and with the campus community). Initiative and self-direction are essential.
The GA will primarily work with and report to Sharon Downs, Assistant Vice Chancellor
for Student Affairs.
- Ability to take charge of special projects and see them through to completion
- Develop communication with the campus community on special projects,
including social media
- Work with Campus Living regarding communication, and regularly meet with the
- Other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL (NON-ESSENTIAL) RESPONSIBILITIES:
- HTML proficiency
- Comfortable using WordPress
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Promotion, marketing, and communication skills
- Able to prioritize and multitask with multiple projects
- Highly self-motivated and independent
- Team- and goal-oriented
- Eager to learn and continually improve
- Accepting of and responsive to constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Current enrollment in a graduate-level program in communications, marketing, or
a related field
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
This is a PAID POSITION. The candidate is expected to maintain professional behavior
and appearance, and otherwise adhere to all university policies.
*We will work with the GA to create a work schedule around their course schedule each
semester, within office hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Once this schedule is
agreed upon, the GA is expected to keep that schedule for the duration of the term unless
an agreed-upon adjustment is made.
Please contact Sharon Downs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.
Visit the Graduate School’s website for more information and policies about graduate