- 4 ounces of bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion-chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 cans (15 oz.) baked beans
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans-drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) navy beans-drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) Great Northern beans-drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium black beans-drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans-drained and rinsed
* To reduce the sodium content, use low-sodium beans if available.
- Fry the bacon until crisp and discard all fat. Drain on paper towels.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in the same skillet.
- Drain all the beans (except the baked beans.)
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- If using an oven, combine all ingredients in a baking pan (cover it) and then bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: (PER SERVING)
Fat: 6 grams
Carbs: 33 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Sodium: 720 mg