ON-CAMPUS HOUSING REQUIREMENT
All first-time freshman scholars must reside on campus if they receive institutional aid (scholarships and discounts but not waivers) totaling $6,000 or more for their first year at UA Little Rock. Failure to live on campus for your freshman year could result in loss of your scholarship.
If you believe you should be exempted from this policy, you may apply for an exemption below. Request for exemption will be reviewed by a small committee and the student will be notified within two weeks of submission by university email. See below for possible exemptions and documentation required for consideration.
This request for exception is due to a medical condition of the student, not a family member. Required documentation includes
- A letter from the student detailing the circumstances and a requested housing alternative.
- A letter from the physician or health care professional treating the student is required and must include how the condition would prohibit adequate functioning in a group living environment or how the medical condition would prohibit inclusion in such an environment.
- Documentation to verify the student has registered with UALR’s Disability Resource Center may be used in lieu of a letter from the physician or health care provider.
This situation may include the need for a student to reside with someone other than a parent or legal guardian for the purpose of providing primary assistance. Examples may include a grandparent, sibling, or other family member.
Not all circumstances can be anticipated by the University. If a student has an extraordinary housing need that has not been addressed elsewhere in this policy, the student should present a written explanation. Applicable supporting documentation must be provided.
This form is not needed if one of these conditions applies, as they will be verified by UA Little Rock Campus Living, Admissions, and/or Financial Aid.
- Students not receiving $6,000 or more in institutional funds or discounts
- Students who are married
- Students who are parents or legal guardians of their dependent living in the home
- Students in programs not on the main campus (Benton Center, online programs, etc.)
THE DEADLINE TO REQUEST AN EXEMPTION FOR SPRING 2018 HAS PASSED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ABOUT REQUESTING AN EXEMPTION FOR FALL 2018, PLEASE EMAIL CAMPUSLIVING@UALR.EDU.