The skills taught in UALR’s information technology (IT) programs reflect what is expected by employers. These expectations are reflected in the research conducted with companies in central Arkansas prior to the design of the curriculum. The IT Minor benefits students in majors that lack an intensive computing component and the IT Experience is for working professionals. Applicants do not need to have an extensive background in computers or technology, but they should demonstrate
- Problem-solving skills
- Leadership ability
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interest in information technology
- Basic computer skills which include file management and saving/moving documents and files
Additional information may be obtained from the Office of Information Technology, Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology (EIT 547, 501-916-5230).
To apply for the IT Minor
- Students must complete or have completed thirty (30) or more semester hours before starting classes in the minor.
- Complete an information interview with a member of the IT faculty (To schedule an interview, email email@example.com or call 501-916-5230)
- Complete a brief self-evaluation of computer skills
To apply for the IT Experience program
- Submission of an email or letter which includes the following:
- An explanation of how the IT Experience might complement the applicant’s vocational interest and why the applicant believes he or she could benefit from the program.
- A brief self-evaluation of computer skills
Letters of application may be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to
EIT 547 Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology
2801 S. University, Little Rock, AR 72204