The Cars, Castles and Brewery Tour
Spring Break 2019
The UA Little Rock International Business Program is making plans for a trip to Prague for Spring Break 2019. The group will leave on Friday, March 15 and return on Sunday, March 24.
The trip is a required component of the Field Study in International Business class (IBUS 4316/5316) at UALR. MBA students may participate in the Field Study by registering for IBUS 5316, which will count as an elective toward the MBA program. Students will be required to register for the course, pay appropriate tuition for the course, and pay estimated travel costs ($3,900) that will cover most meals, hotels, airfare, and ground transportation. You must pay a $200 non-refundable application fee for the trip (just registering for the course does not guarantee your spot), by 5pm on Friday, November 16, 2018.
You can contact your adviser or department chair to determine if this class will satisfy requirements for your degree. The course is being organized this year by Dr. David Gilliam; students may contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.569.8861. The MBA adviser is Dr. Sonya Premeaux and she may be contacted at email@example.com.
This is a ten day Field Study Program in March 2019. Every year we choose a theme for the lectures and company visits. For 2019, UALR will spotlight European Culture, Business and Entrepreneurship. The lecturers and visits will also examine how Czech firms navigate the European Union and Euro Zone.
Visits and lecturers can change according to availability and the following itinerary is tentative.
- Friday/Saturday, March 15/16 – Depart for Prague
- Saturday, March 16 – Arrival at Prague, Czech Republic, free time to visit
- Sunday, March 17 – Guided walking tour of Prague cultural and historical sites
- Monday, March 18 – Visit Vaclav Havel’s library and speaker on the economy of the Czech Republic
- Tuesday, March 19 – Tour Skoda Auto factory
- Wednesday, March 20 – Tour bakery and visit Prague Chamber of Commerce
- Thursday, March 21 – Tour town of Pilsen and Pilsen Brewery
- Friday, March 22 – Meet an entrepreneur and attend event such as a hockey game
- Saturday, March 23 – Tour Karlštejn Castle of Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV
- Sunday, March 24 – Depart Prague
COSTS, CONDITIONS, AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
- Student Rate:
Total per student: Regular tuition and fees for the course at UALR, and estimated $3,900 fee payable to UALR. Fee will cover the following:
- Airfare to and from Prague
- Transfers: airport – hotel – airport
- Hotel while in Prague
- All breakfasts and dinners while in Prague
- Tour fees
- Site visits and lectures (These could change depending on availability)
- Transportation with specialized guide
- Local insurance
NOTE: Every student must bring their own medical insurance and a student identification card for discounts in travel and cultural activities. The cost per student is based on a group of 20 students. In case of fewer students, the costs would have to be reviewed
- Schedule of Payments:
- Students will be required to register for the course (IBUS 4316 or IBUS 5316) and pay appropriate tuition for the course.
- Students must pay a $200 non-refundable application fee to reserve a spot for the trip (just registering for the course does not guarantee your spot), due by 5pm on Friday, November 16, 2018.
- Students must pay the estimated $3,900 field study program costs which will be applied to the student’s Spring 2019 UALR Student Account on December 1, 2018.
To reserve your spot in this class:
- Register for IBUS 4316 or IBUS 5316
- Email Dr. Gilliam at firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can be added to the list.
- You will need to pay your $200 non-refundable application fee by 5pm on Friday, November 16, 2018.
- You will receive an email from Dr. Gilliam on December 15th or before letting you know that the class has “made” (meaning that we have the required minimum enrollment).