During this past year, IT Services has been collaborating with stakeholders across campus to test and validate the latest version of Banner. Here are some important facts about what to expect from the new Banner 9 experience.
What has changed?
- The user interface
- A new modern interface with enhanced navigation will be the first thing you’ll notice.
- Revised keyboard shortcuts
- Since Banner 9 is a web-based architecture, there are different keyboard shortcuts from those that are used today.
- New way to log in
- Single sign-on (SSO) for Banner is here! If you are recently logged into Gmail, Blackboard, or any other SSO-enabled service, you will automatically be signed in to Banner. If you haven’t accessed an SSO-enabled service recently, you may be prompted to enter your NetID and password.
What remains the same?
- Same web address
- The Banner URL will remain banner.ualr.edu.
- Banner Online Self Service (BOSS)
- BOSS will not change with this upgrade.
- Banner Database
- This upgrade will not change the underlying database structure—all existing features, functionality, and database jobs and processes will function as they do today.
- If you encounter issues, please contact IT Services for assistance.
- Banner Form Names
- If you are used to entering the seven-character form name (e.g., SPAIDEN, FGIBAVL, SAAADMS) into the search bar you will still be able to do so.
- Third-party integrations
- Integrations with other applications are unchanged, including ImageNow, Degree Works, CRM Recruit, CashNET, and Argos.