Use Google Hangouts Meet to hold chats and virtual meetings.
Google Hangouts Meet is one of the core services in G Suite for Education.
You can collaborate via audio, video, chat, and screen sharing with up to 25 people with no time limits. Telephone dial-in to a U.S. phone number is provided; dial-out is free to the United States and Canada.
Participants can join a video meeting using one of these methods:
- Hangouts Meet website
- Google Calendar
- Meeting link URL
- Meeting code
- Chrome devices for Meetings
- Meet Android and iOS apps
Use the following resources to start using Hangouts Meet today!
- Get Started with Hangouts Meet
- Google is constantly upgrading its applications, so stay informed about new features.
- Google Hangouts Meet Help
- These help documents are also available from within the Google Calendar application.
- Google Hangouts Meet and Accessibility
- Google products, including Hangouts Meet, have a number of accessibility features, including keyboard shortcuts in a video call and support for a number of the WAI-ARIA standards.
- Creating Meetings from Calendar
- Add a video conference to a scheduled meeting.
- Use Google Hangouts Meet with a mobile device
- Google Hangouts Meet apps are available for Android and iOS.
You must have an active G Suite account to create video meetings with this service. Anyone may be invited to join a meeting.
Hangouts Meet web participants must have the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox installed. Mobile participants on Google Android or Apple iOS can use a native app.
If you are having difficulty accessing Hangouts Meet, check the G Suite Status Dashboard first for information about any current Google service outages.
Need help with this service? Contact IT Services for assistance.