- Expected Start Date
- Expected End Date
Active Directory (AD) is a Microsoft technology used to manage computers and other devices on a network. This service provides our institution’s computers and accounts the ability to follow the industry standard of validating and authorizing the secured use of our technical resources.
UA Little Rock has been maintaining our current AD since its implementation in 2002. In 2017, the university was approved to begin a project to upgrade our AD to a modern environment which will provide numerous benefits.
Primary advantages include:
- A central and unified directory system
- Integrated updates and management
- An authoritative identity source for machines and users
- Simplified delegation of security and authorization
- A common user experience on all technology
The scope of this project will involve all users, computers, servers, applications, and provided services in various ways.
Coming soon: IT Services will provide a link to technical details and instructions.