Kimberly Mallett

Name: Kimberly Mallett

Hometown: Kosciusko, Mississippi

Undergraduate: University of Mississippi –Bachelor of Paralegal Studies with a Minor in Classics with Latin Emphasis

Program: Full-time

Graduation year: 2018

Student organizations: President of the Black Laws Students Association and Dean’s Fellow at the Law School, which gives me the opportunity to share my law school experience with the 1Ls in my Student Success Team (SST).

Making a difference with the law

I am interested in Elder Law because the elderly community has contributed to our society for decades and are often taken advantage of by their family members, friends, or neighbors. I am confident that one day I will be able to assist them with long-term care planning, financial/estate planning, guardianship, retirement, Social Security, and issues regarding Medicare/Medicaid.

Bowen was the right choice

I decided to come to Bowen because I love the student-to-professor ratio and the school’s central location in Historic Downtown Little Rock. Also, the tuition at Bowen is affordable compared to the cost of other law schools.

Not just a law student

I am currently the President of the Black Law Students Association for the 2017-2018 Academic Year. As the President of BLSA, I am given the opportunity to assist in creating events and community service projects that will help promote cultural diversity and inclusion at the law school. This semester we will have our Fall Bake Sale and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the University of the Virgin Islands to help them rebuild their St. Thomas and St. Croix campuses.

Finding Inspiration

I am inspired by my parents, because they taught me the importance of working hard at an early age. My father, who passed in 2011, would always tell me that knowledge is power; and my mother would challenge me to strive to be the best person I could be. I cherish everything my parents taught me, because they have always supported and encouraged me.

Posted in: Featured Student