Rural Practice Incubator Requirements
The incubator is limited to Bowen alumni who are members in good standing in the Arkansas bar (summer 2019 bar candidates are encouraged to apply). Selected participants must:
- Set up his or her own law office in an underserved rural area of Arkansas where that lawyer plans to settle. New lawyers must live in and/or have a clear presence in their chosen community.
- Obtain and maintain malpractice insurance coverage.
- Form their own solo firm or create/join one with other attorneys. Participants are not employees of UA-Little Rock or any of the program partners.
- Comply with the Arkansas Rules of Professional Conduct and all other ethical obligations.
- Contribute at least 100 hours of pro bono service during the first year.
- Each lawyer will commit to settle in and practice law in their chosen community as primary employment and will not actively seek other legal employment while in the Project. Participating lawyers may obtain part-time contract positions if they do not interfere with their solo practice, but will be asked to disclose other income sources to the Project.