Please check this page often for updates on library services. The UA Little Rock Ottenheimer Library will continue to provide virtual services during COVID-19. The library building will be closed until further notice. Virtual assistance (via phone, email, text, and chat) will be available to all users at Ask Ottenheimer Library.
We know these are stressful times for you and want you to know that we are here to help! If you need help finding a resource, have a question about your library account, are stumped on a research assignment, or just can’t find the information you need, please reach out to us at Ask Ottenheimer Library so we can get you what you need or help you find alternatives.
The library has a wide range of online resources, ebooks, journals, streaming videos, and databases. These can be accessed either through QuickSearch or from our Databases A-Z page. In addition to these library resources, many publishers and vendors are offering free trials and access during COVID-19, and Ottenheimer Library is updating the COVID-19 Open Resources page as these new resources become available.
Most of the library’s online resources are available off-campus.
- Make sure you know your NetID username and password.
- See Off-Campus Access on the library’s FAQ for instructions and troubleshooting tips.
Ebooks are also available by searching QuickSearch or from the following library resources:
Streaming Video Resources
The library offers two streaming video services and both are available by searching QuickSearch or from the following library resources:
Books, DVDs, and other Circulating Resources
Requests & Book Pickup
All books that have been requested through the library catalog will be available for contact-less pickup in the library lobby from Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please use the entry designated Laptop Check Out and Book Pick-Up. The items will be pre-checked out and have an insert with the item due date and the first 3 letters of your last name.
Extended Loan Periods
All books currently checked out for a regular loan period are being updated in our system to reflect a new due date of August 28, 2020. Please note: This only applies to student borrowers and books with a standard 28 day or semester loan period. Interlibrary loan items and loans for community borrowers and faculty are not affected.
Textbooks & Course Reserves
Many of the Course Materials and Textbooks that the Library has on Reserves can be accessed electronically by searching our Electronic Reserves, Textbooks, NCLEX, & GRE Study Guide.
At this time, Interlibrary loan will continue to process requests for the electronic delivery of articles and book chapters. Requests for physical items (books, microfilm, CD’s and DVD’s) are unavailable at this time. To request, book chapters or articles, please visit our Interlibrary Loan page.
- Library Instruction: Library instruction classes can be delivered synchronously via Blackboard Collaborate and asynchronously via other video/screen capture options, depending on the needs and preferences of faculty. Please use this form to make arrangements for your class.
- Research Resources: Librarians can assist with locating digital resources for student and faculty research projects.
- Textbooks: The library’s textbook program is very popular among students. Many of these resources can be accessed electronically on the Library’s Electronic Resources, Textbooks, NCLEX & GRE Study Guide. However, if your materials are not available through these other sources, please fill out this form to let us know which chapters/pages you need and we will do our best to accommodate those requests electronically