UA Little Rock MAC (Mathematics Assistance Center)
Students needing to prepare for their first mathematics test may be wondering what they need to do in order to get a better grade. The MAC is an excellent place for students to study, do homework, and receive guidance from experienced tutors.
LOCATION: ETAS 409
HOURS for MAC:
Monday – Thursday 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY! The MAC is no additional charge to all UA Little Rock students. Now there is no excuse for avoiding math. Tutoring and computers are available. Ask for a free tour, and we will show you everything that we have available.
The MAC is divided into two main sections—one for group study and tutoring (often called “the loud side”) and one for quiet self study (“the quiet side). There are also comfortable couches and a shared student-faculty lounge off of the lab. All of the computers in the lab have the standard software, as well as MAPLE and MyMathLab. Some computers have Magic installed for the visually impaired.
Also available in the MAC are tutors for physics and basic statistics. Specific hours for these more specialized tutoring services will be posted.
Denise LeGrand Landreth
UA Little Rock Mathematics Assistance Center Mission statement:
The mission of the UA Little Rock MAC is to:
- instill confidence in students mathematical abilities,
- increase competence,
- raise students’ mathematical achievement, and
- develop appreciation for mathematics.
We are here to dispel the myths and negative attitudes about mathematics and to equip students with the proper skills necessary to succeed.
- Reduce anxiety, particularly anxiety associated with math learning
- Switch negative beliefs to positive attitudes about mathematics
- Increase homework grades, test scores, and overall grade
- Improve student confidence
- Reduce stress level relating to math