Community College of the Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) is a partnership between the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and civilian academic institutions to offer a group of general education classes through a web-based platform.
UALR has partnered with GEM to offer general education courses online for Air Force personnel who want to complete their CCAF Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree requirements.
Why Pick UALR?
- We are a public, regionally accredited university.
- We are deemed a “Military Friendly” school.
- We are a member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges (SOC).
- We have quality faculty teaching quality online courses.
- We have accelerated 8-week courses, if you so choose, or regular 15-week semesters if that is your preference.
- We are a metropolitan university, which means we understand the needs of the working-adult student.
- We work with military members to award academic credit, whenever possible, for military training.**We give more than elective course credit for your Air Force training.
Example: A TSgt who worked in Public Affairs went into our Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication. She received 21 credits that counted towards her major coursework. That is 21 out of 42. HALF of her coursework completed because of training she received in the Air Force.