Chapter 31-What is the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program?
The program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. This includes completing a degree program that will help the veteran do that.
Services that may be provided by the VR&E Program include:
- Comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills, and interests for employment
- Vocational counseling and rehabilitation planning for employment services
- Employment services such as job-training, job-seeking skills, resume development, and other work readiness assistance
- Assistance finding and keeping a job, including the use of special employer incentives and job accommodations
- On the Job Training (OJT), apprenticeships, and non-paid work experiences
- Post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school
- Supportive rehabilitation services including case management, counseling, and medical referrals
- Independent living services for Veterans unable to work due to the severity of their disabilities
Step 1. Apply for your benefits
- Go to va.gov website and complete the online educational benefits application.
- Follow instructions for creating a login and password.
- Complete the online form and then submit electronically to VA.
- View and print your submission confirmation page.
- Email (email@example.com), fax (501.683.7055), or bring by the confirmation to the School Certifying Official (SCO) who is located in the Military Student Success Center (Speech Building, room 111).
- Meet with your VA Voc Rehab counselor to set up a plan.
Step 2. Register for classes at UA Little Rock
- Get advised.
- Register for classes.
- Turn in your schedule to your VA Voc Rehab counselor.
Military Students are allowed to register during early registration. You will receive an email telling you when the dates are and/or you can take a look on the Academic Calendar.
Step 3. Complete the Certification Request Form
- Go to UA Little Rock Military Students Website.
- Complete UA Little Rock Certification Request Form (CRF)
- Call (501.682.8387) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) us if you have any difficulty.
NOTE: Any changes to schedule, major, or anything related to your plan of study must be discussed with your VA Voc Rehab counselor before making the change.
Any schedule modification requires a new VA form 28-1905. The 1905 must be provided to the School Certifying Official (SCO) by sending it in an email to email@example.com. The SCO will adjust an associated VA Enrollment Certification adjustment VA Once. Some changes in enrollment may result in a VA debt.