Students can start off the fall 2018 semester with an exciting lineup of free activities during Trojan Daze Week from Thursday, Aug. 16, to Friday, Aug. 24.
After moving in on Aug. 16, students can check out Playfair, an evening of fun icebreakers and activities designed to get students geared up for the new year, from 8-10 p.m. in Donaghey Student Center Ledbetter Hall.
New students will be welcomed to campus with the Freshman Convocation at 10:30 a.m. Friday, Aug. 17, in the University Theatre in the Center for Performing Arts. The ceremony marks the beginning of the freshman class’s academic journey.
Following the Freshman Convocation, afternoon activities will include lunch, a pep rally with UA Little Rock’s athletic teams, and an organizational fair beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the Donaghey Student Center Fitness Center. The UA Little Rock Bookstore will host a fashion show at 1 p.m.
On Saturday, Aug. 18, join the Photo Scavenger Hunt by following clues to photo-op locations on campus and then share them on social media for a chance to win prizes. Students can then get snow cones from 3-5 p.m. in the Donaghey Student Center courtesy of the Student Affairs Success Initiatives and celebrate with the Block Party from 7-10 p.m at the tennis courts.
Students can join the tailgate celebration from noon to 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 19, at the Coleman Sports and Recreation Complex in preparation to cheer on the Trojans soccer team as they battle the University of Kentucky at 1 p.m.
Additional Trojan Daze Week activities include:
Monday, Aug. 20
- Ice Cream Social with the Student Affairs Success Initiatives staff, 3-5 p.m., Donaghey Student Center Leadership Lounge
- College Trivia Game Show, 7-9 p.m., Student Services Center Auditorium
Tuesday, Aug. 21
- Escape Rooms, 7-9 p.m., Donaghey Student Center meeting rooms
Wednesday, Aug. 22
- Wipeout and Recreation Night, 7-9 p.m., Donaghey Student Center Fitness Center
Thursday, Aug. 23
- Registered Student Organization Fair, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Donaghey Student Center Mall
- University Program Council Meeting, 5-6 p.m., Donaghey Student Center Room D
- Meet the Greeks, 7-9 p.m., Dickinson Hall room 100
Trojan Daze Week ends with the Reach 13,000 Dodgeball Tournament from 3-6 p.m. on Aug. 24 at the Donaghey Student Center Fitness Center. The Chancellor’s Leadership Corps holds the event annually to raise food items and donations for the Trojan Food Pantry, Staff Senate Helping Hands Committee, and the 12th Street Clinic.
Check out the full schedule of activities on the Campus Life website.
In the upper right photo, new members of the 2018-19 Donaghey Scholars hang out at a welcome picnic. Photo by Ben Krain.