Nine employees and one entire department were honored during a June 15 reception. This included two special awards that were awarded by Jerry Ganz, vice chancellor for finance and administration.
“The employees in Finance and Administration do terrific work on a daily basis supporting the needs of our campus and it’s important to recognize that effort,” Ganz said. “I’m very proud of our staff and all of their accomplishments. Their commitment and dedication to doing excellent work is apparent every day, and all of UA Little Rock benefits greatly as a result.”
Allen Stanley, associate vice chancellor for finance, won the Employee of the Year Award, which honors an employee who consistently demonstrates exceptional job performance, leadership, innovation, and inclusive excellence.
Additional award winners included:
· Keifran Melvin of Procurement Services, Excellence in Customer Service Award, which honors a person who excels in customer service and who establishes and maintains positive and effective working relationships
· Sean Harris of IT Services, Excellence in Customer Service Award
· Terry Bobo of IT Services, Excellence in Operational Efficiency Award, which honors an employee who makes contributions that make a measurable impact on the work environment
· Cody Henslee of IT Services, Excellence in Collaboration Award, which honors an effective collaborator who works effectively with others to produce positive results
· Andrew Burton of the Bursar’s Office, Excellence in Continuous Improvement Award, which honors an employee who shows dedication to process improvement and continuous innovation
· Desiree Taggard of Procurement Services, Excellence in Leadership Award, which honors a strong leader who demonstrates a unique ability to guide and inspire others
· Lewis Howell of Human Resources, Newcomer of the Year Award, which honors an exemplary employee who has joined the VCFA team in the past year.
Colleen Godley, finance programmer analyst with IT Services, received the Spotlight on Excellence Award. This honors a person who is deserving of special recognition for consistently meeting and exceeding expectations in the areas of collaboration, customer service, and more.
“I was really honored to be nominated by so many of my peers on campus,” Godley said. “However, my achievements would not be possible without having been blessed to work with such a wonderful team of ITS professionals. No one person ever does great things, but together doing small things with dedication and ambition we accomplish excellent things.”
The Department of Public Safety received the Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence. This award represents special recognition of the excellence exhibited by an individual or department in the Finance and Administration Division.
“What an honor for the entire campus police department to be recognized for the Vice Chancellor Award for Excellence,” said Chief Regina Carter. “It’s truly a privilege to serve as the AVC/Chief of Police for a great group of officers and support staff here at UA Little Rock.”