1. Be fully admitted to UA Little Rock. Transfer students currently
enrolled in other universities at the time of application are required to apply and be admitted into UA Little Rock prior to applying to the Nursing Department.
2. Attend Pre-Admission Information Session hosted by the Department of Nursing prior to submitting an application for the AAS program.
3. Have successfully completed or be enrolled in MATH 1302, RHET 1311, PSYC 2300 or SOCI 2300, and BIOL 1411/1412 or 1433 (or their equivalents for transfer students). Successful completion of one of the following: CHEM 1400 (or higher), BIOL 2401, or US History core requirement.
4. Have a minimum GPA of 2.60 in completed AAS general education courses. The GPA is based on the completed courses at the time of application. GPA is calculated using the most recent grade earned. GPA calculator
5. Students who have completed coursework at UA Little Rock must have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or greater.
6. Submit an online LPN/Paramedic transition application with all required documents between January 5 and the February 28 deadline.
LPNs must hold a valid unencumbered LPN or LPTN license in the state of Arkansas or mutual state licensure recognized by the Arkansas State Board Nurse Licensure Compact or be a recent graduate of an approved LPN program.
LPN’s with less than 1000 hours of employment within 24 months of the application period AND not a recent graduate of LPN school will be required to complete the Elsevier HESI LPN-ADN Entrance Exam.
Paramedics must hold certification from the Arkansas Department of Health as a paramedic and current registration as a paramedic with the National Registry of EMTs. Paramedics must have a minimum of 1000 active paramedic hours over the last two years and are required to complete the Elsevier HESI EMS-ADN Entrance Exam.
Initially, students will be conditionally admitted to the nursing program. Upon completion of the following, students will be officially admitted:
- Submission of required documents and test scores by the application deadline, February 28 at 5:00 p.m.
- Maintenance of required GPA (required general education course(s)
and UA Little Rock)
- Attend the required nursing program orientation
- Successful completion of NURS 1415 in the summer term