The National Science Foundation (NSF) has released a revision of their Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 18-1).
This new guide will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 29, 2018. If you plan to submit a proposal before this date, you can still adhere to the current version of the PAPPG (NSF 17-1).
This revised PAPPG includes the following changes:
- Addition of a new eligibility subcategory on international branch campuses of U.S. Institutions of Higher Education;
- Revision of eligibility standards for foreign organizations;
- Implementation of the standard Collaborators and Other Affiliations (COA) template that has been in pilot phase since April;
- Increase in the Budget Justification page limitation from three pages to five pages;
- Restructuring of coverage on grantee notifications to and requests for approval from NSF, including referral to the Prior Approval Matrix available on the NSF website; and
- Numerous clarifications and other changes throughout the document.
The NSF will hold a webinar on the new PAPPG on December 8 at 1PM CST. You can register at https://nsfgrantsconferences.com/pappg-update-webinar/ .
If you have any questions, contact ORSP at 569-8474.