UA Little Rock is pleased to announce the winners of the 2018-2019 Seed Grant Competition.
This year, the competition accepted research proposals in two tracks. Four out of six proposal submissions were awarded in Track A with funding capped at $6,000. In Track B, two out of eight proposal submissions were awarded with funding capped at $12,000.
The UA Little Rock Seed Grant Competition aims to kickstart compelling research projects that can later be funded by external support after the term of the seed grant.
Proposals were judged based on the significance of the research or creative activity, quality of the research plan, expected outcomes and direct impact to the community, strength of plan to seek external support, ability to enhance and acquire external support, and qualifications of the researchers.
The grant period for each award is from Aug. 16, 2018 to Aug. 15, 2019.
- A. Childers, L. Lu: Placement and Retention in Developmental Mathematics at UA Little Rock
- A. Kanekar, J. Williams: Health Quest – A Training Simulation for Health Education Students and Workers
- R. Glazier; H. S. Harris: Identifying Reliable Indicators of Instructor-Student Rapport in Online Classrooms
- F. Tang: Osh6-Mediated Sterol Redistribution Extends the Lifespan
- H. Patangia: An Experimental Investigation of a Faster Voltage Equalizer for a String of Batteries in Electric Vehicles
- S. Wang, B. Berry: Investigation of the Pre-steady State of MTANs from Borrelia burgdorferi