Frequently Asked Questions

Banner 9

Q. Where can I find some guides or tutorials to help me navigate procurement functions in Banner 9?

A. Tutorials and other helpful information are located at

Q. What should be entered under commodity code on the requisition?

A. We do not currently utilize commodity codes at UA Little Rock. You should leave the commodity code blank and instead enter a description of the purchase in the description field.

Q. What does the NSF checking indicator mean?

A. This shows that the FOAPAL(s) used in the requisition have been checked for available funds before being processed as a purchase order. It does not indicate that funds are NSF.

General Procurement

Q. I have received my order; now what do I do?

A. When you received a copy of the purchase order issued, you should have a “Receiver” page. Sign the page and send it to Accounts Payable.

Q. What is the current rate for mileage reimbursement?

A. It is 42 cents per mile.

Q. How do I receive reimbursement for travel expenses?

A. If you have completed your trip and if you have your “Encumbrance Number” from your TA, put the “Encumbrance Number” on your TR-1, complete the form, and send it to Accounts Payable with all supporting documentation.

Q. Am I required to submit a TA (Travel Authorization) for all travel?

A. Yes. When traveling on official UA Little Rock business employees are provided limited coverage under the university’s travel accident insurance as long as a TA form is on file. Even if the employee will not claim expenses for reimbursement, the TA form must be submitted with the “No Cost – UA Little Rock Insurance Only” box checked and approved by Procurement Services. Visit the Travel website for comprehensive information on travel.

Q. Do I have to submit a new requisition to pay my copier lease each fiscal year?

A. Yes, a new requisition should be submitted to pay your lease each fiscal year.

Q. Can I pay copy overages using the requisition set up to pay my copier lease?

A. No, a different requisition should always be submitted to pay copy overages. If you have not set up a copier overage blanket, you may want to think about doing that now.

Q. Can I add a new feature to my copier after my lease has started?

A. Yes, you can add a new feature to your copier. Please contact Mary Worthy at 501-916-5725 for instructions on how to do that.

Office Supply Vendors

Q. What is Government Supply Services’ vendor number in Banner?

A. T00583295

Q. What is Goddess Products, Inc.’s vendor number in Banner?

A. T00397972

Q. Can I use a blanket purchase order to pay for purchases?

A. Yes. You have the option of using a blanket (open) purchase order or a P-Card. Contact Procurement Services at 501-916-3144 for assistance.

Q. Can I use different P-Cards or am I limited to one P-Card for each account. I would rather not enter a P-Card on the front end and have the ability to use different P-Cards from the same user’s account.

A. Absolutely. You can store one card number or your can enter the card number when you place the order, so that you can utilize multiple cards.

Q. Am I required to set a dollar limit for purchases within the fiscal year if a P-Card is used for payment?

A. You are not required to, although it is recommended. When a blanket purchase order is used, the limit is set by the amount encumbered up front.

Q. Can I set up separate accounts for each of the different purchasers in my office, along with different “delivery to” contact information, even if they use the same blanket purchase order?

A. Yes, you will need to set up all three users with separate log-ins. They can use the same blanket purchase order.

Q. Am I allowed to make purchases directly at Office Depot?

A. Emergency purchases are allowed at the local Office Depot store only, with written justification explaining the situation.

Q. Will Office Depot be the only available vendor for emergency office supply purchases?

A. It is the preferred method if a true emergency exists. Office Depot has two stores in Little Rock and one store in North Little Rock. When you use your P-Card to make a purchase, you will receive the state contract price for the item you purchase only if the P-Card has been linked by Office Depot prior to the purchase.

Q. Is Government Supply Services and Goddess Products, Inc. our only source for office supplies?

A. No, you have the option of using UA Little Rock’s Central Stores to purchase your supplies. You definitely should purchase all your copy paper from Central Stores for maximum cost savings because they receive the most competitive pricing by purchasing in bulk and the savings are passed on to each department.

Q. What is the estimated delivery time with Government Supply Services and Goddess Products, Inc.? 

A. Most purchases will be delivered within one day. This all depends on when the order is placed and which warehouse is shipping the order. You should allow two days for the order to arrive because that is the maximum number of days unless an item is on national back order.

Q. How do I purchase paper that Central Stores does not keep in stock?

A. If you need to purchase paper that is not available at Central Stores, you can enter a requisition for the desired paper through GSS or Goddess Products, which will be processed into a purchase order. Procurement Services will then place the order for you.

Q. Will my purchase be charged a shipping or delivery fee?

A. No.