P-Card Tips

Government Supply Services Account Billing to Credit Card Billing

For P-Card holders to switch the Government Supply Services method of payment from account billing (blanket) to credit card billing requires approval of the departmental budget head. Approvals may be sent to Antionette Harper via memo or email (axharper1@ualr.edu).

Registration Fees

Registration fees for conferences may be paid with the P-Card. No travel expenses (meals, hotel, parking, etc.) may be paid with the P-Card.

Government Supply Services P-Card Users

Government Supply Services P-Card holders that are using the credit card billing should attach the order confirmation to the transaction log for the detailed receipt.

To ensure GSS P-Card transactions post to your P-Card account, at checkout select the “Pay by Credit Card” tab. This tab will forward to another page where the credit card information is entered to authorize the transaction.


Receipts that exceed the length of a page may be cut carefully between items and taped on a sheet of paper. Documents are scanned and pages connected by long receipts are unable to be scanned.

Tape Placement

Avoid placing tape over the text; the tape causes the text to be illegible, which may result in the request for a replacement receipt.

Description of Goods and Services/Comments

When describing goods/services in the Comments box in Transaction Management, please make sure you give clear descriptions. For example, if you purchased office supplies, do not just type “Office Supplies”; instead, describe what those office supplies were. You may group some items. For instance, if you bought ten different types of pens, you do not have to list each brand/model and can group them together as “pens.”


Items covered by non-mandatory or cooperative contracts may be purchased using the P-Card if purchasing from a contract vendor, except furniture. All furniture purchased must be coordinated by Procurement Services.