Only students can add themselves to a waitlist. After a CRN/Course fills up students may add their names to the waitlist (if one is offered).
If a seat becomes available, the next eligible student on the waitlist is notified ONLY by an email sent to their UA Little Rock email address. The email will inform the student a seat is now open and gives them a specific length of time (usually 24 hours) to log into BOSS and register for the course. If the student does not register within this time period, their name is removed from the waitlist. At this point, the next eligible student is notified.
The Department cannot add a student to the waitlist.
How to Join a Waitlist
- Find the CRN (Course Reference Number) of the course for which you wish to be waitlisted. The CRN is a five-digit course reference number assigned for registration. The five-digit CRN is not the same as the course number.
- Log into BOSS.
- Click on ‘Student Services’ tab > Click on ‘Registration’ > Click on ‘Add/Drop Classes’.
- Type the course CRN into the box under the ‘Add Classes Worksheet’ heading – then click ‘Submit Changes’.
- You will see the message: “No seats are available at this time. There are XX students on the waitlist.” Select ‘Waitlisted’ from the drop-down box – then click ‘Submit Changes’ again. You should be able to join the waitlist, provided there are no conflicts or holds preventing you from doing so.
- All holds must be cleared and registration requirements must be met before entering a waitlist.
- See Waitlist Image #1 below.
Moving from a Waitlist to the Course
- If a seat becomes available and you are the next eligible student on the waitlist, an email will be sent to your UA Little Rock email account.
- Follow the directions in the email and log in to BOSS.
- Go to the “Add or Drop Classes” option on the Registration menu in BOSS. If you are currently enrolled in another section of the same class, you must first drop the other section before switching to the newly available course.
- Click on the drop-down box for the course for which you are now eligible to enroll.
- Select Web Registered and click Submit Changes.
- Please Note: All holds and registration restrictions must be cleared before enrolling in the course.
Removing Yourself from a Waitlist
- Go to the “Add or Drop Classes” option on the Registration menu in BOSS.
- Click on the drop-down arrow on the course you wish to remove.
- Choose Drop Course and click on Submit Changes.