Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification

Students interested in working in the field of addictions can work with the University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Social Work in cooperation with the Arkansas Substance Abuse Certification Board to obtain eligibility for Social Work licensure, as well as, Alcohol and Drug Counselor Certification.

Students interested in this track are encouraged to take addiction-related electives and apply for an internship experience related to the addiction field in order to obtain requirements for certification.

**BSW students are required to take SOWK 4316: Addictions in Social Work as part of the program.

Application for the ADC or AADC option is encouraged during the student’s first year of the Social Work program. The application process is available at:

For questions, email Stephanie Christian-Carpenter LCSW, AADC (