Collaborate, Blackboard’s web-conferencing tool, provides multiple ways to interact in a virtual classroom environment. Create a session for student presentations, office hours or study reviews. Use the recording feature to record multimedia presentations.
To learn more browse the self-help resources below or sign-up for one of our training opportunities listed on the right. Contact the STaR Office should you require additional help.
Quick Start Guides (PDF) include step by step instructions with screenshots of common tasks.
Tools for Moderators
Video Tutorials cover the topic as well as related tasks. Videos are created either by Blackboard or the STaR office as indicated with the *.
- What is Blackboard Collaborate*
- Create Collaborate Sessions and User Roles*
- Explore the Collaborate Interface*
- Collaborate Participant Management*
- Overview for Moderators
- Participant Orientation
- Introduction to Whiteboard
- Introduction to Application Sharing
- Introduction to Web Touring
- Introduction to Mobile Web Conferencing
Training Manuals provide in-depth instructions and are used in workshops.
Best Practices offer tips and tricks for success.