Before creating a new student organization on campus, please check the Organization Directory to confirm there isn’t one like what you’re proposing. If there isn’t, follow these steps to get started:
- Get the right people together. You’ll need at least 5 students and 1 advisor.
- Draft some governing documents. These can be a constitution, bylaws, or both.
- If your group will be affiliated with a national organization, check to see if that organization has pre-made documents for you to use.
- If not, we can provide an example to help you create new governing documents.
- When your governing documents are ready, complete these three online forms:
- Finally, have your advisor sign an Advisor Agreement and turn it in to the Student Experience Center in DSC 216.
- Check in with the SEC (email@example.com) once you have completed each step.