The Student Affairs Diversity Initiatives program is designed to empower, support, and assist African American and Hispanic/Latino students in turn increasing their retention and graduation rates.
The program’s mantra is: “Failure is not an option!”
To motivate students, we use our Three I’s, Early Intervention, Identifying Needs and Intrusive Advising. The core of our program is high expectations and peer interactions.
- Assist students in identifying resources for individual success
- Establish positive mentoring and peer advising relationships
- Help students focus on and sharpen academic skills
- Familiarize students with organizations and methods to become involved on campus and the central Arkansas community
- Help build a sense of community on the UALR campus