What is a Mentor?
UA Little Rock transfer and first-generation undergraduate students can request a peer mentor. Mentors help ease the transition into college, answer questions regarding the university, and provide guidance to resources for academic support. Mentees should be open to receiving feedback and guidance from their Mentor.
⭐Applications are reviewed weekly and Mentors are assigned on a rolling basis through the first week of fall 2021 classes.⭐
Request a Peer Mentor for Transfer and First-Generation Students for the 2021-2022 academic year!
Here are the details.
Why do you need a mentor?
- Maybe you have questions about how different processes work on campus.
- Maybe you want to get connected on campus to different organizations and aren’t sure how to start.
- Maybe you just have questions about how to balance school, work, and everyday life.
- Maybe you want to build a positive relationship with someone who wants to see you succeed.
Who can participate?
- Any UA Little Rock undergraduate student who identifies as a first-generation (your parents did not complete a four-year college or university degree) or transfer student
- Be enrolled in at least one class at UA Little Rock
What is expected of the mentee?
- Maintain communication through regular weekly check-ins with your mentor
- Participate in programming, including (but not limited to) Welcome Week and Midterm Madness
As a part of this program you will:
- Connect with a First-Generation or Transfer student peer mentor
- Participate in fun social activities on and off-campus
- Have opportunities to attend training and workshops to develop your academic and personal skills
- Learn how to navigate campus including shortcuts and tips and tricks for student success