This summer, you may be eligible to receive a Pell Grant for Summer 2019 even if you received a full grant for fall and spring. Year-round Pell Grant allows eligible students to receive a third disbursement of funds for the summer term. If you need more money to attend classes this summer, this is a great option for you!
- Must be fully admitted to a UA Little Rock degree program
- Must be enrolled at least half-time during the summer (a minimum of 6 hours)
- If you are enrolled less than half-time during the summer term and you did not use all of your Pell Grant eligibility during the current academic year (Fall 2018-Spring 2019), you may qualify to receive a summer Pell award
- Cannot be in default on a student loan
- Must be registered in summer classes before you can submit a Summer Financial Aid Request
- All required documents (tax forms, verification worksheet, etc.) must be complete
How to request summer financial aid
- Complete the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Deadline to file the 2018-19 FAFSA is June 30, 2019.
- Submit a UA Little Rock online Summer Financial Aid Request. You must be registered in summer classes before you can submit this request.
- Log in to BOSS
- Click on “Financial Aid”
- Click on “Summer 2018 Financial Aid Request”
- Follow the instructions for submitting a Summer Financial Aid Request
Priority deadline: April 15
Preferred deadline: May 1 – If you submit your Summer Financial Aid Request after May 1, you are not guaranteed to have aid in place prior to the summer payment deadline.
Final deadline to request Summer Financial Aid: June 15
Visit the Financial Aid website for further info on the year-round Pell Grant.