New this summer, you may be eligible to receive a Pell Grant for Summer 2018 even if you received a full grant for fall and spring. Year-round Pell Grant allows eligible students to receive a third disbursement of funds for the summer term. If you need more money to attend classes this summer, this is a great option for you!
- Must be fully admitted to a UA Little Rock degree program
- Must be enrolled at least half-time during the summer (a minimum of 6 hours)
- If you are enrolled less than half-time during the summer term and you did not use all of your Pell Grant eligibility during the current academic year (Fall 2017-Spring 2018), you may qualify to receive a summer Pell award
- Cannot be in default on a student loan
- Must be registered in summer classes before you can submit a Summer Financial Aid Request
- All required documents (tax forms, verification worksheet, etc.) must be complete
How to request summer financial aid
- Complete the 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Deadline to file the 2017-18 FAFSA is June 30, 2018.
- Submit a UA Little Rock online Summer Financial Aid Request. You must be registered in summer classes before you can submit this request.
- Log in to BOSS
- Click on “Financial Aid”
- Click on “Summer 2018 Financial Aid Request”
- Follow the instructions for submitting a Summer Financial Aid Request
Priority deadline: April 16
Preferred deadline: May 1 If you submit your Summer Financial Aid Request after May 1, you are not guaranteed to have aid in place prior to the summer payment deadline.
Final deadline: June 30
Visit the Financial Aid website for further info on the year-round Pell Grant.