Student Essentials

Before the first day of class, there are a few things you might need to take care of. We’ve outlined the items and tasks that will help you start the semester.

Student ID Card

You can get your UA Little Rock picture ID at Reception Services which is located outside the bookstore in the Donaghey Student Center (DSC). Your first card is free.

With your ID card, you can also ride the Rock Region Metro for free! Pick up your Trojan U-Pass sticker when you get your ID card.

Parking Permit

UA Little Rock students who park on campus must first register their vehicle with the Department of Public Safety (DPS). To register your vehicle, you will need to know your T-number, make, model, basic color of your car, and your license plate number. The student fee for one parking permit is included in the general fee calculated with tuition. DPS is located in University Plaza.


If you are enrolled in classes for any Summer term or if you have signed your 2018-19 on-campus housing lease, you are eligible to live on campus this summer. Apply for housing by going to your BOSS account, choose Student Services, then select Housing. The application will be on the top right of the page.


You can find your textbooks and order them online or bring your schedule to the bookstore and they will help you find them. The bookstore is located on the first floor of the DSC.

Financial Aid

Aid is available to qualified applicants. View the eligibility requirements.

Disability Resources

The Disability Resource Center works to make UA Little Rock accessible to everyone. Visit their website for more information.

Get Connected

Join the conversation and find out what’s happening at UA Little Rock on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Stay Informed

Sign up for free Campus Alerts on your phone. It’s the quickest and most convenient way to stay informed of an emergency or weather-related closing.