The Sustainability Committee holds a number of annual competitions to promote the principles of sustainability and to encourage sustainable behavior on the UA Little Rock campus.
The UA Little Rock Sustainability Committee is pleased to announce a call for innovative proposals that will develop and promote sustainability measures on our campus. Below is information about last year’s winners:
All full-time faculty, part-time faculty, staff, and students are eligible to apply.
Individual or collaborative proposals will be accepted.
Deadline for Submission
Friday, April 10, 2020
Please prepare a 1-3 page proposal that includes the following:
- Project Title
- Names of Principal Investigator and/or Co-Investigator(s)
- Project Description that includes a plan to share project results with campus community
- Funding Request/Justification (1 page max)
Proposals should be emailed in pdf document to Sustainability Committee Chair, Jim Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use “Sustainability Grant” in the subject line.
The maximum award amount is $2,500. However, proposals requiring lesser amounts are invited as well. The total number of awards and amounts will be selected by the Sustainability Committee. Recipients will receive award funds at the beginning of Fall 2020. Awardees will be announced on Wednesday, April 22 (Earth Day).
- Projects should directly benefit the UA Little Rock campus community
- Recipients must share project results with campus community
- Method of presentation can vary (e.g., demonstration at Earth Day, public lecture, presentation at Research Expo, etc.)
- Project must be completed by May 2021
Please send questions to Sustainability Committee communications officer, Toni Boyer Stewart (email@example.com).