Dress in layers. A light jacket or sweater is permitted. The examination rooms are kept at a cool temperature for the comfort of all examinees. If you tend to be cold-natured, you might consider bringing a jacket or sweater.
Locker access during testing
A locker is provided to you to secure your belongings during testing. Access to the locker is prohibited until after you have completed your exam.
Testing Services main office:
- Firearms. UA Little Rock policy prohibits firearms or other dangerous weapons on campus. Any student in violation of this regulation will be subject to separation from the university.
- Law enforcement officers taking exams in the Testing Services computer lab are considered “off-duty”, and are therefore not permitted to bring weapons into Testing Services.
- A concealed firearm is permitted for those individuals who have completed the required training and have received the appropriate license, and enhanced training per State Law, but if the firearm is discovered during exam check-in, it is considered no longer concealed and is not permitted in Testing Services. UA Little Rock’s policy regarding firearms may be found on the Public Safety website.
- Mints, cough drops, candy, etc.
- Dispose of your food, drink, gum, mints, etc. before entering the testing office for check-in.
- Tobacco products. It is a violation of the Arkansas Clean Air Act of 2009, to use tobacco products on the campus of a State supported institution. It is also a violation of UA Little Rock policy.
- Cell phone use. Please, turn your cell phone off before you enter the Office of Testing Services
In the testing lab:
Please be aware that you will be asked to show that your pockets are completely empty before entering the test room. Effective January 2020: All examinees wearing glasses are required to submit their glasses for inspection before entering the testing lab. If the glasses are found to contain any wearable technology, they will not be permitted in the testing lab so please plan accordingly.
- Watches of any kind
- Mints, cough drops, candy, etc.
- Tobacco products
- Cell phones, pagers, smart glasses or PDAs
- Electronic devices including iPods, mp3 players, headphones, etc.
- Cameras, optical readers, or other devices that include the ability to photograph, photocopy or otherwise copy test materials
- Calculators, unless permitted for your specific test
- Computer, tablet, or flash drive
- Personal writing utensils, i.e., pencils, mechanical pencils, pens, or highlighters
- Hats, hoods, or other headgear
- Jewelry, such as bangle bracelets, that might make noise while testing
Some prohibited items may be secured in a locker. You must dispose of food, drink, etc. before entering for check-in as these are not permitted in the office or the testing lab.
Exceptions are permitted only for examinees who have been approved, prior to the test date, for special accommodation. Testing Services must be notified, prior to the test date, of the accommodation(s) approved by the authorizing organization or by the UA Little Rock Disability Resource Center.
For the personal comfort of others, please refrain from entering the testing room if you are wearing fragrances. Fragrances are a distraction to other examinees. Additionally, some people are allergic.
For the safety of others, please refrain from entering the Office of Testing Services if you exhibit symptoms of a contagious illness. Every attempt will be made to reschedule your test in a timely manner.