As of May 2020, the dance program is no longer accepting applicants or major declarations.
NOTE: Currently-declared dance majors will be able to complete their degree requirements through teach-out agreements. Contact Dr. Jeremy Ecke for more information.
Student Learning Goals for Academic Program
At the end of this program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency of movement vocabularies with appropriate energy, style,
- Integrate knowledge gathered from dance and other areas of study;
- Receive and implement feedback, and self-assess in order to improve subsequent
personal and professional endeavor
- Articulate, enunciate, and conceptualize ideas, both verbally and in formal written
- Relate dance to the artistic, social, historical, and cultural aspects of the larger world