UA Little Rock – IME Becas Scholarship
Apply by August 28, 2020
UA Little Rock is pleased to announce a scholarship competition for students enrolled at UA Little Rock in Fall 2020. The scholarship is funded jointly by the Institute for Mexicans Abroad (IME) and the campus.
The goal of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance for promising students of Mexican origin pursuing a degree. The scholarship also seeks to support students with a demonstrated interest in Mexico or Latin America and those who demonstrate a commitment to leadership or service that benefits the Mexican immigrant population. We will award scholarships for up to $1,000 to help cover the costs of resident tuition, fees, and books during Fall 2020. Any qualified student with demonstrated financial need enrolled at UA Little Rock is eligible to apply, although students who already hold scholarships that cover more than half of the full cost of their Fall 2020 tuition are less likely to receive an award through this program.
- Mexican origin, either through birth or family background, residing in the United States or with demonstrated interest in Mexico or Latin America
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at time of application (either high school for entering freshman or college for continuing students)
- Enrollment for at least 2 courses (minimum of 6 credits) during fall semester 2020
- Commitment to leadership or service in the Mexican immigrant community
Preference will be given to eligible applicants who are
- either the first or second generation in their family to live in the United States, and
- not eligible to receive state or federal financial aid (Non-FAFSA eligible / DACA beneficiaries).
A complete application includes
- a completed scholarship application
- If applicable, documentation of Mexican descent (“matrícula consular”, birth certificate, passport, parent’s birth certificate, etc.)
A personal interview may be required for scholarship finalists.
Complete applications must be submitted electronically to Dr. Andrew J. Deiser (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 28, 2020.