The Washington Center will be holding two informational sessions on Tuesday, Jan. 28:
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. in the Commons Classroom (in the bell tower building)
5 – 6 p.m. in DSC D
Spend a semester in Washington, D.C., gaining valuable experience in an internship matched to your interests, networking with professionals in your intended field, living in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world and forming friendships that may last a lifetime with other young adults from around the country and around the world.
The Washington Center works with over 600 non-profits, businesses, and government entities to make sure you are placed in the right internship. They provide apartment style housing and professional development classes as well.
Your internship will earn you college credit from UA-Little Rock and contribute to your upper-level electives.
Frequently Asked Questions include
- What majors are allowed to intern? Students of all majors are welcome.
- What class years are permitted to participate? You must be at least a sophomore.
- Are scholarships available? There are specific scholarships for Arkansas students. Talk to financial aid. When you do, tell them that knowing financial aid amounts before you apply allows you priority on scholarships from TWC.
- What is the deadline to apply?
- Summer 2020 Early Deadline Feb 19 / Regular Deadline March 18
- Fall 2020 Early Deadline April 8 / Regular Deadline May 6
- If your internship interest requires a background check, e.g.: criminal justice, it is important to apply early!
Visit the Center at TWC.edu for more information.
Contact TWC liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.