501.569.3003 Phone: 1.877.270.7838 (toll-free) Email: email@example.com
Blackboard Support Specialist Drew Glover – 683.7602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
With 11 degree programs and more than 300 courses available totally online, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock offers you the flexibility to balance family, work and school responsibilities on your own schedule.
Accelerated Online Programs
UALR offers accelerated online courses for both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. These 7-week courses move twice as fast as regular semester-length courses, but slower than a 5-week summer term.
Benefits of Accelerated Online Programs
Allows you to focus more on each individual course
Permits taking fewer courses at one time
Maintains normal breaks; Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring
Includes a week break in between courses
Online Programs Offered
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Completion (RN to BSN)*
- Bachelor of Science in Health Education and Promotion
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice*
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional and Technical Writing
- Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication*
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in HR Management
- Dyslexia Therapist Graduate Certificate
- Literacy and Culture Graduate Certificate
- Online Writing Instruction Graduate Certificate
- Master of Arts in Mass Communication
- Master of Arts in Professional and Technical Writing
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice*
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Education in Reading*
- Master of Education in Learning Systems Technology
- Doctorate of Education in Higher Education (two-year college leadership concentration)
* Accelerated programs
Important dates and deadlines regarding Accelerated Online Programs can be found on the Semester Calendar in the Accelerated Session sections.
The online learning system software UALR uses is Blackboard. Students must have predictable, regular access to and control of a computer as your instructor assignment dates may vary. You may also be required to download files or software to complete class work. If your computer is publicly used or is loaned to you and you cannot download files or software, you will need to discuss your circumstances with your instructor.
Online Library Resources
Students who take courses online have access to resources through the Ottenheimer Library. The library website acts as a portal for students to take advantage of by accessing different research databases, scholarly journals, e-books and other research materials. Students can search the library database through the easy search box on the homepage of the library website.
Please go to UALR Online for additional information.
Lisa Davis, Director of Distributed Learning | email@example.com | (501) 516-2160
UALR Benton Center
UALR offers classes at our Benton Center where students can enjoy the convenience of staying close to home as they pursue their studies.
Degrees available at the Benton Center include:
- 2 year Associate of Arts in General Studies (AAGS)
- 4 year Bachelor of Science in E-Commerce (Electronic Commerce)
And the center also offers the following academic programs:
- State Minimum Core Courses
- Nursing degree prerequisites
Classes in Benton, Arkansas, are administered by Extended Programs and taught by UALR faculty. On-site college entrance testing (COMPASS) is available for students age 21 years and older, as well as individual testing for all students wishing to test out of developmental courses. Students enrolled in classes at the UALR Benton Center have full student privileges at UALR’s main campus. Textbook sales and buy-back services are offered on-site.
Additionally, UALR Benton Center has three computer labs, as well as, a Math lab and tutors to help students meet their educational needs. Academic advising, financial aid assistance, and admission assistance are also available. Students may pay their tuition and fees at the UALR Benton Center as well as sign up for a deferred payment plan. For more information, contact UALR Benton at (501) 860-6003, or visit their website at ualr.edu/benton.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock and the University of Arkansas Hope-Texarkana (UAHT) have partnered to create an instructional center at Texarkana. The Texarkana campus expands the opportunity for area residents to pursue a bachelor’s degree in applied science, social work, business, and construction management.
These specific programs were selected because of the opportunities they provide for students in areas of scholarships, research, intern opportunities, and ultimately jobs. More than 98 percent of the Construction Management majors find jobs before graduation.
Four bachelor’s degree options:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
Chris Bachers is the local program coordinator at UALR Texarkana. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (870) 216-2905.