For the foreseeable future, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is working remotely. If you need to contact our office, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will respond to you within 48 business hours.
Temporary Relaxation of Institutional Scholarship Renewal Requirements
UA Little Rock understands students are making great sacrifices to remain enrolled and complete their degrees during the coronavirus health crisis. To ease this burden, UA Little Rock is temporarily relaxing institutional scholarship renewal requirements for current institutional scholarship recipients.
Typically, freshmen must complete a minimum of 27 credit hours and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA while other undergraduates must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA by the end of the spring semester. These renewal requirements will be temporarily relaxed for 2019-20 scholarship recipients. Scholarship renewal requirements are now a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA and passing two-thirds of attempted credit hours. These changes are only in effect for renewals processed at the conclusion of the spring 2020 term. Summer forgiveness will still be available to those who do not meet these updated renewal requirements.
Institutional scholarships affected by this change are as follows:
- Chancellor’s Academic Distinction
- Provost’s Academic Excellence
- Deans’ Academic Merit
- UA Little Rock Academic Achievement
- Freshman Award
- Out-of-State Academic Tier 1
- Out-of-State Academic Tier 2
- Shelby Breedlove Transfer Scholarship
- Trojan Transfer
- Academic All-Star
- Trojan Pathway
- Concurrent Student
- New Arkansan Non-Resident Tuition Award (both 80% and 90%)
- Chancellor’s Leadership Corp
- EAST Scholars
- EIT Scholars
Apply for admission
If you are just starting at UA Little Rock, be sure to complete the online admissions application and submit any required documents.
Current FAFSA on file
Complete a FAFSA for the academic year you are submitting a scholarship application for, prior to the deadline (April 1) for need-based scholarship consideration.
Current and incoming students can apply for UA Little Rock scholarships by completing the general scholarship application. Not all awards require an application, please see more information below under scholarship deadlines.
- Current and Incoming Students: The deadline to apply for general private and mentored program scholarships has now passed.
- Incoming Transfers: You must apply for admission by August 1, 2020, in order to be considered for Shelby Breedlove Transfer Scholarship, Trojan Transfer, or New Arkansan Non-Resident Tuition Award – no scholarship application is necessary
- Incoming Freshmen: You must apply for admission by August 1, 2020, in order to be considered for Academic Merit, Early Trojans awards, or New Arkansan Non-Resident Tuition Award – no scholarship application is necessary
- Summer: Institutional scholarships are for fall/spring courses only. There are no summer awards available.
Scholarship Listing by Area
If you have declared a major, it’s always good to check with your major department for any other opportunities they administer because not all awards are listed or available in Trojan SMART.
Browse by College to narrow your search: