Are you ready to apply to UA Little Rock? We offer world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technology, knowledgeable professors, and great internship opportunities. This quick guide will help get you started on your journey to becoming a Trojan.
Apply for admission
Complete an application for admission, and pay the $40 application fee. Learn more about requesting a fee waiver based on financial need or military service.
Need more info? Find the application type that best suits you:
- First-time freshman
- Freshman with concurrent college credit
- Freshman with less than 12 hours earned after high school
- Transfer student
- International student
- Military student (a checklist is also available)
Tip: Don’t see your application type? Return to the Admissions homepage to find a link to more information.
Tip: Your application will be reviewed by your UA Little Rock admission counselor. We’ll communicate with you via email, so be sure to provide the email address you regularly check on your application. Don’t miss out on important updates!
Submit Required Documents
View Your Required Documents:
View your application status and list of missing and submitted documents by logging in as a returning user on the admissions application page.
Submit Required Documents by Mail:
Shot records (or immunization records) can be sent via mail, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 501-569-8956. It must include dated proof of two measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccines.
Transcripts should come from your school’s registrar. If a paper transcript is submitted, the document must be in a sealed, unopened envelope provided by your school’s registrar. Transcripts can be sent electronically if this option is made available by your registrar, or you can have them mailed to our office.
International Post-Secondary Transcripts:
All international post-secondary transcripts must be submitted to an evaluation service before being submitted to the Office of Admissions. Evaluation services include:
- International Education Evaluations (IEE)
- World Education Services (WES)
- Any approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) servicers
The Office of Admissions must have the course-by-course evaluation to satisfy the transcript requirement for admission. Additionally, you will need to provide English translations of course descriptions or syllabi to the Office of Transfer Student Services in order for your previously earned credit to be applied to UA Little Rock degree requirements.
The Office of Testing Services at UA Little Rock provides placement testing and credit by examination. For more information, call 501-569-3198 or visit the Student Services Center (SSC), Room 315.
Credit by exam policies vary considerably from campus to campus. Receiving credit at one school does not guarantee that you will receive credit at another school. Visit the Credit by Exam page for more information.
Get Your BOSS PIN or Student ID (T#)
Go to boss.ualr.edu and click “Secure Login.”
- To find your BOSS PIN: Click the “Forgot PIN?” button and follow the prompts.
- To find your student ID (T#): Enter your Social Security number (SSN) in the “User ID” field then click the “Login” button. A message will appear that displays your T#.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Admissions at 501-569-3127.
Use Your Student Dashboard for BOSS, Blackboard, and Email
Access BOSS, Blackboard, and Email:
- Go to boss.ualr.edu and click “Secure Login.”
- Enter your User ID (T#), then click the “Forgot PIN?” button and follow the prompts.
- Once you have logged into BOSS, click the “Personal Information” link.
- Next, click the “List Accounts and Change Passwords” link.
- Find your NetID under University Accounts and write it down. You’ll need it later.
- Check each box in the Change Password column.
- Next, enter your new password in the New Password field and Confirm field.
- Finally, click the Change Passwords on Selected Accounts button.
- Access your BOSS, Blackboard, and email using your NetID and new password with a single sign-on at my.ualr.edu.
BOSS is your one-stop, online system for access to:
- Set your password for your UA Little Rock email
- View outstanding financial aid requirements
- Accept offered financial aid
- Register for classes
- Pay your bill
- Check your grades
Your instructors may use Blackboard for communication or assignments even if it’s not an online class. Visit the Blackboard Orientation page to learn more.
Checking Your Email:
To check your UA Little Rock email, go to mail.ualr.edu and log in using your NetID and password created in BOSS. Your email is a primary source of communication, so check it often.
Apply for Financial Aid
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application to receive federal, state, and many university-sponsored sources of funding. UA Little Rock’s FAFSA school code is 001101.
Step 2: Complete the YOUniversal application for financial aid through the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE), like the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship.
Tip: Pay attention to deadlines and required materials for each scholarship.
Apply for Housing
Step 1: Visit the Campus Living website to view on-campus housing options and policies.
Step 2: Complete the housing application online. You will need your UA Little Rock student ID (T#) and PIN.
Tip: Applying early increases your chance of getting your preferred hall and roommate.
Tip: Check out the Campus Living newsletter for updates every month!
Parents: Visit our housing page just for you.
Sign Up for Freshman or Transfer Orientation
Step 1: View a list of upcoming new student orientation sessions.
Step 2: Sign up for the date that works best for you and meet the people who will guide you to college graduation. You’ll meet with your academic advisor, register for classes, and get your UA Little Rock ID card and parking pass. You’ll also get to know your new college home, meet new people, and have fun!
Note: Orientation is required for new freshmen and recommended for transfers.
Tip: The Disability Resource Center (DRC) is available to assist you with accommodations if you need. Be sure to stop by to visit with them!
Academic Advising and Class Registration
All degree-seeking students should meet with an academic adviser before registering for classes.
Your advisor may help you register during your advising appointment. After you’ve been advised, you have the option to register for classes or adjust your schedule online through BOSS.
New freshmen are advised for fall classes during summer orientation. Visit the Trojan Academic Advising and Support Center (TAASC) for more information about freshmen advising.
If you’re a new transfer student, you’ll receive advising contact information soon after you’re admitted. You can also look for your major and contact the corresponding person or office by visiting the Advising website.
Visit the Advising for Current Trojans page to find your advisor.
Note: Visiting and non-degree seeking students don’t require advising!
Accuplacer Placement Test:
If you plan to take the Accuplacer placement test, schedule your test through this online form.
Tip: Visit our online registration guide for video tutorials and troubleshooting suggestions.
Campus Map and Parking Permits
Finding Your Way Around Campus:
View the UA Little Rock campus map for directions, visitor parking, and building locations.
Parking Permits for Students:
In order to park a vehicle on campus as a student, you must first register your vehicle with the UA Little Rock Police Department.
- To register your vehicle, you will need to know your Student ID (T#), the make, model, and basic color of your car, and your license plate number.
- You can get your parking permit online at Parking Permits Online or in the Parking Office on the first floor of the Donaghey Student Center (DSC).
Additional parking is available in the metered lots or the parking deck.
- The fee for parking in the meter lots is $1 per hour using coins or, if paying by credit card, it is $3 minimum for two hours. Additional hours may be added at $1 per hour at the initial point of sale.
- The fee for the parking deck is $1 per exit.
Your Trojan ID Card
The Trojan ID card is the official name for your UA Little Rock student ID card.
This card shows your photo, ID number, and library number.
- New students must be registered for classes prior to making their first Trojan ID. You will receive your new Trojan ID card at orientation.
- Missed orientation? You can get your Trojan ID card at the Information Center, located on the bottom floor of the Donaghey Student Center (DSC) directly across from the Bookstore. There is no fee to obtain your first card.
Your card should be carried with you when you are on campus.
You can use your card in the following ways:
- To access the DSC Fitness Center
- To check out books and resources at the Ottenheimer Library circulation desk
- As a declining balance card: you can deposit money on the card and use it at any Dining Services vendor (office located in the DSC 117)
- To enter the south entrance on Campus Drive from Asher Avenue
Rent or Buy Books
Pay Your Bill
Visit the Bursar’s website for payment deadlines.
Tip: Pay before the semester’s deadline so you won’t be dropped from your classes.
Questions? View the Bursar’s Office’s frequently asked questions page.