Becoming a Trojan: Quick Guide for Applicants

Have the heart of a Trojan? Join us and enjoy big-city living filled with some of the nicest people in the state! We offer world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technology, knowledgeable professors, and great internship opportunities. This quick guide will get you started.

Apply for admission

Complete an application for admission at and pay the $40 application fee online.

Need more info? Find the application type that best suits you:

Tip: Don’t see your application type? Return to the Admissions home page to find a link to more information.

Tip: Your application will be reviewed by your admission counselor. We’ll communicate with you via email, so be sure to provide correct addresses on your application so you don’t miss updates.

Submit required documents

Log in as a returning user on the admissions application page to view your application status and list of missing and submitted documents.

UA Little Rock
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
2801 South University Ave.
Little RockAR 72204-1099


Tip: Shot records can be sent via mail, emailed to, or faxed to 501-569-8956.  Transcripts should come directly from the school’s registrar.

Tip: Testing Services provides placement testing and credit by examination. Contact the Office of Testing Services at 501.569.3198 or visit them in the Student Services Center, Room 315.

Get your PIN or ID (T Number)

Need your BOSS PIN?  Go to, click “Secure Login,” select “Get PIN” and follow the prompts.

Need your ID (T Number)?  Go to, click “Secure Login,” enter your Social Security number in the “User ID field.”  You’ll get a message that displays your T#.

If you still have questions, contact the Office of Admissions at 501.569.3127.

Use your student dashboard for BOSS, E-Mail, and Blackboard

  1. Go to, choose “Secure Login,” and enter your T#. Click “Get PIN” and follow the prompts.
  2. Click “Personal Information” then “List Accounts and Change Passwords.”
  3. Find your netID and write it down. You’ll need it later.
  4. Go to “Change Password” and click each box. Enter and confirm your password.
  5. Enter and confirm your new password.
  6. Now you can access your e-mail, BOSS, and blackboard using your netID and new password with a single sign-on at

BOSS is your one-stop, online system for access to:

  • Set your password for your UA Little Rock email
  • View outstanding financial aid requirements
  • Accept offered financial aid
  • Register for classes
  • Pay your bill
  • Check your grades

Check your UA Little Rock email at using your NetID and password created in BOSS. Choose the option to view your usernames/change your passwords to change your passwords.

Tip: Your email is a primary source of communication, so check it often.

Tip: Your instructors may use Blackboard for communication or assignments even if it’s not an online class. Get more info here!

Apply for financial aid

Step 1: See the options available to help you fund your education on the Financial Aid home page, including federal financial aid and UA Little Rock merit and private scholarships.

Tip: UA Little Rock’s FAFSA school code is 001101.

Tip: Pay attention to deadlines and required materials for each scholarship.

Step 2: Complete the YOUniversal application on the ADHE website for state financial aid programs like the Academic Challenge Scholarship.

If you are entitled to the GI Bill, contact our Office of Military Student Success at 501.569.8171 or

Apply for housing

View on-campus housing options and policies, and complete the application online. You will need your UA Little Rock T number and PIN.

Tip: Applying early increases your chance of getting your preferred hall and roommate.

Parents: Visit our housing page just for you.

Sign up for Freshman or Transfer Orientation

Step 1: Visit for a list of scheduled new student orientation sessions.

Step 2: Sign up for the date that works best for you. Meet the people who will guide you to college graduation. You’ll meet with your academic advisor, register for classes, get your UA Little Rock ID card and parking pass.  You’ll also get to know your new college home, meet new people and have fun!

Tip: Orientation is required for new freshmen and recommended for transfers.

Tip: The Disability Resource Center is available to assist you with accommodations if you need.  Be sure to stop by to visit with them!

Academic Advising and Registration

All degree-seeking students should meet with an academic adviser before registering for classes.

  • New Freshmen:
    • Find your advisor here.
  • New Transfers:
    • New Transfer students with the following majors are advised in the Advising and Support Center of the College of Education and Health Professions:
      • Nursing
      • Communication Sciences and Disorders
      • Middle Childhood Education
      • Elementary Education
      • Special Education
      • K-12 Health and Physical Education
      • Social Work; and
      • Interpretation: ASL/English
    • All other transfers must attend an acclimation meeting with an advisor in the Trojan Academic Advising and Support Center. You will be referred to your academic advisor at the end of this meeting.
      • To schedule an acclimation appointment, call the Trojan Academic Advising and Support Center at 501-569-3386.
      • Tip: Phone appointments are available. Plan to have a computer with internet access in front of you during your meeting.
  • Post-baccalaureate
    • Find your advisor here.

Tip: Visiting and Non-degree seeking students don’t require advising!

Tip: If you plan to take the Accuplacer placement test, schedule your test at Be sure to submit any AP, CLEP or other placement test scores to Testing Services.

Your advisor may help you register during your advising appointment,  After you’ve been advised, you have the option to register for classes or adjust your schedule online.

Tip: Our online registration guide has video tutorials and troubleshooting suggestions.


Rent or Buy Books

Take your schedule to the UA Little Rock Bookstore to find the books you need. Renting is usually less expensive, and you may be able to use financial aid to pay for books. You can also check them out online.

Tip: The bookstore price matches Amazon and local competitors.

Pay your Bill

View your account balance in BOSS to pay in full or set up an installment payment plan.

Deadlines are available online.

Tip: Pay before the semester’s deadline so you won’t be dropped from your classes.

Questions? View the Bursar’s Office frequently asked questions page.