Admission for Transfer Students

Transferring to a new college is a big decision. The Office of Transfer Student Services helps students make a smooth transition for a more successful UA Little Rock experience.

If you have a high school diploma or GED and at least 12 transferable credit hours from another institution, you’re considered a transfer student. Students with less than 12 transferable credit hours taken after high school graduation must meet freshman admission standards. If you need to transfer financial aid from one institution to UA Little Rock, view the Transfer Student Services FAQs.

Admission Standards

  • Cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 on all previous regionally accredited college coursework, or
  • Earned an AA/AS/AAS from immediate previously attended regionally-accredited institution (no minimum GPA required)

Important information about admission for transfer students:

  • Less than 12 transferable credit hours from a regionally accredited institution must meet freshman standards (if you have a question about hours that will transfer, reach out to Records and Registration for clarification)
  • Admit decision appeal option available if denied

Required Documents

  • Application for admission and pay the $40 application fee. There’s no application fee for military students – request your waiver here.
  • Immunization records or Titer Test showing Immunity (for students born after 1956) can be sent via mail, emailed to, or faxed to 501-916-3956. It must include dated proof of two measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccines or the titer test with test date showing immunity. Not required for veterans or active duty military.
  • Official college transcripts from all post-secondary schools you’ve attended. Are you currently enrolled? Ask your registrar to send an in-progress transcript so that we can begin an initial review and then send another transcript after grades have posted. Official documents are sent directly from the institution that created the document. For example, official transcripts come from the previous college’s registrar by mail or electronic data submission.