Which Credits Transfer to UA Little Rock?

Transfer credit from colleges or universities institutionally or regionally accredited as recognized by the US Department of Education, or other institutions with which UA Little Rock has a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with a grade point of 2.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale is accepted upon submission and evaluation of official transcripts. Grades and GPA do not transfer and are not calculated in the student’s GPA earned at UALR. However, all grades from all prior post-secondary institutions are calculated for the purpose of awarding graduation honors.

Only official transcripts will be accepted for admission to UA Little Rock. Transcripts from other colleges or universities must be sent directly to UA Little Rock. Unofficial, faxed, or previously opened transcripts will not be accepted by the UA Little Rock Office of Admissions.

There is no limit on the number of credits a student may transfer to UA Little Rock, but students graduating with four-year degrees (baccalaureate) must earn 30 hours in residence at UA Little Rock. (Students graduating with two-year associate degrees must earn the final 15 hours of credit in residence at UA Little Rock.)

Please be aware that students are required to submit official transcripts from each college or university previously attended as indicated on the previous enrollment information submitted on the UA Little Rock undergraduate application for admission. Transcripts from colleges or universities not accredited by institutional or regional accrediting associations will be handled at the discretion of the Director of Records and Registration. Students presenting such transcripts may be given provisional credit subject to the satisfactory completion of further work at UA Little Rock in subjects for which they are asking advanced standing and a satisfactory grade point average. However, such transcripts may be refused altogether.

Only official transcripts will be accepted for evaluation. They must include complete records of the courses taken at all other institutions and be sent to UA Little Rock by the institutions. The Office of Transfer Student Services may also request that a catalog or bulletin of the years covered by the transcript be presented. If you have questions about whether your previous college or university is institutionally or regionally accredited, please contact us.

Military Service Credit

UA Little Rock does not automatically transfer vocational, military, or technical credits from other universities. If you would like for UA Little Rock to transfer coursework of this nature then your advisor may fill out the Request for Non-Standard Credit Form.

Students with vocational, military, or technical work transferred to UA Little Rock prior to August 1, 2011, can have that work removed from their UA Little Rock transcript by filling out the Request to Remove Technical and/or Military Credit form.

Please note: You must have officially declared your major before either of these forms can be processed.

Official transcripts must be provided for evaluation. Transcripts must be requested based on the branch of service:

Military transcripts must be submitted to UA Little Rock’s Office of Admissions. If you have questions concerning how to access and submit your military transcripts please contact the Military Student Success Center.

After the military transcripts are received by Admissions they will be evaluated for the awarding of potential academic credit for core requirements by the Office of Transfer Student Services. Credit to be applied to specific major requirements is at the discretion of the major department.

Occupational Programs Credit

UA Little Rock will accept up to 16 hours of lower-level undesignated elective credit for occupational programs from institutionally or regionally accredited institutions. Students to whom this might apply should have their transcripts evaluated by the Office of Records and Registration. An evaluation will not be made until after a student is enrolled.

UA Little Rock does not accept the following course credits:

  • Remedial/developmental/study skill courses (posted to transcript but no credit hours awarded)
  • Courses marked “in progress”
  • Courses from colleges/universities that do not have accredited or candidacy status in an institutional or regional accrediting agency
  • Courses designated as credit/no credit, pass/fail, audit, or satisfactory
  • First or earlier attempts of a course repeated at a transfer college or university. Only the latest attempt’s course credit hours will transfer.

D Transfer Policy

Up to six credit hours of courses with grades of D will be accepted in transfer to UA Little Rock under the D Transfer Policy.