The Student Affairs Success Initiatives are designed to empower, support, and assist African American and Hispanic/Latino students in achieving their goal of earning a college degree.
SASI includes the African American Male Initiative, African American Female Initiative, and Hispanic/Latino Initiative programs, and our mission is to increase retention and graduation rates.
Dr. Charles W. Donaldson Scholars Academy
The Charles W. Donaldson Scholars Academy aims to improve educational achievement for all students, with a special attention to African American students and others who are at-risk of academic failures due to socioeconomic disadvantage, or other factors. The Pulaski County Special School District has partnered with CWDSA to invest in your success and we hope that you don’t pass up on this life-changing experience.
- Be a part of a year-long program that includes a Saturday Academy each month during the fall and spring semesters
- Attend a summer component at either Philander Smith College or the University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Gain help to improve reading, writing, and math skills, while also enhancing social and emotional development
- Earn a $2,500 annual scholarship to attend the University of Arkansas at Little Rock or Philander Smith College
Why Join a SASI Program?
Right away you will meet students with whom you will have classes and who share common interests. And you will:
- have individualized help with course advising
- be connected with a peer and professional mentor
- attend trainings and workshops to develop your academic and personal skills
- participate in fun social activities on and off-campus