All research involving human participants conducted by faculty, staff, or students of UA Little Rock must be reviewed by the UA Little Rock Institutional Review Board (IRB). The IRB operates according to the guidelines in the Code of Federal Regulations (45 CFR 46) and other state and institutional guidelines.
- The Request for Review form also serves as a Request for Determination form.
- The Request for Review form must be typed.
- The Anticipated Start Date must be at least 10 business days from date of completed submission to email@example.com.
- Answer all questions completely on the request form.
- The Request for Review form must be signed by the PI. If the PI is a student, the student’s advisor must also sign it.
- If the proposed research is externally funded, provide the grant or contract title and funding agency.
- Attach the PI’s Human Research CITI Training. If PI is a student, attach the advisor’s Human Research CITI Training. CITI certificates are valid for three (3) years.
For studies where information is collected from subjects using questionnaires, interviews, or surveys.
- Consent Forms and/or Assent Forms (for children between the ages of 7 and 17) – *If no consent form will be used, clearly explain how the informed consent process will work. If a waiver of consent will be requested, clearly explain the circumstances for the request according to the federal regulations available in the Code of Federal Regulations, 45 CFR 46.116, http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/humansubjects/guidance/45cfr46.html#46.116.
- Site Letter of Permission of Support (if any of the research is conducted at a location other than UA Little Rock)
- Recruiting Material (recruiting scripts, flyers, announcements, etc.)
- Questionnaire, survey, etc. – If survey will be administered electronically, submit screen shots of finished questionnaire(s)/ survey instrument(s).
- *Collection of data may not begin until the UA Little Rock IRB gives formal approval.
For more information, contact the IRB Administrator at 569-8656, firstname.lastname@example.org.