The IRB Office will be closed November 26-27 for Thanksgiving. Protocols received after 12 pm on November 25 will not be processed and assigned for review until November 30. Please note the estimated decision dates for protocols submitted between November 11 and November 25 will be delayed by 2 days.
Winter Holiday Announcement
If you are planning to submit an IRB protocol in December be advised that IRB protocols received by 5:00 pm on December 7th will be processed with an estimated decision date of December 21st. Protocols received after 5:00 pm on December 7th will not be processed and assigned for review until January 11, 2021.
If you should have any questions, please contact the IRB at email@example.com. Thank you and Happy Holidays!
All research involving human participants conducted by faculty, staff, or students of UA Little Rock must be reviewed by the UA Little Rock Institutional Review Board (IRB). The IRB operates according to the guidelines in the Code of Federal Regulations (45 CFR 46) and other state and institutional guidelines.
- The Request for Review form also serves as a Request for Determination form.
- The Request for Review form must be typed.
- The Anticipated Start Date must be at least 10 business days from date of completed submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Answer all questions completely on the request form.
- The Request for Review form must be signed by the PI. If the PI is a student, the student’s advisor must also sign it.
- If the proposed research is externally funded, provide the grant or contract title and funding agency.
- Attach the PI’s Human Research CITI Training Completion Report. If PI is a student, attach the advisor’s Human Research CITI Training. CITI certificates are valid for three (3) years.
For studies where information is collected from subjects using questionnaires, interviews, or surveys.
- Consent Forms and/or Assent Forms (for children between the ages of 7 and 17) – *If no consent form will be used, clearly explain how the informed consent process will work. If a waiver of the consent form will be requested, clearly explain the circumstances for the request according to the federal regulations available in the Code of Federal Regulations, 45 CFR 46.116, http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/humansubjects/guidance/45cfr46.html#46.116.
- Site Letter of Permission of Support (if any of the research is conducted at a location other than UA Little Rock)
- Recruiting Material (recruiting scripts, flyers, announcements, etc.)
- Questionnaire, survey, etc. – If survey will be administered electronically, submit screen shots of finished questionnaire(s)/ survey instrument(s).
- Collection of data may not begin until the UA Little Rock IRB gives formal approval.
- The submission (protocol and as many of the attachments as possible) must be in digital pdf format and be searchable. Scans do not fit this criteria.
For more information, contact the IRB Administrator at 569-8657, email@example.com.