The University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s Institutional Review Board consists of Chancellor-appointed faculty members from the University’s colleges, and at least one member who is not otherwise affiliated with UA Little Rock, as required by federal regulations.
PIs will be invited to attend the meeting if their protocol is selected for review by the Full Board.
The IRB chair determines the calendar for the regularly scheduled meetings. Meetings are usually held on the first Thursday of every month (except for January and February), between 10:00 A.M. and 12:00 P.M.
Current IRB Members
- Belinda Blevins-Knabe, Psychology, IRB Chair
- David Gilliam, Marketing and Advertising
- James Golden, Criminal Justice
- Katherine Helms, Counseling, Human Performance, and Rehabilitation
- Joseph Otundo, Counseling, Human Performance, and Rehabilitation
- E Christopher Lloyd, School of Social Work
- Josuanne Nduku, School of Nursing
- Chul Park, Clinton School of Public Service
- Carmen Arick, Community Member
- Donna Rose, Ottenheimer Library
- Melissa Serfass, Bowen School of Law
- Ida Umphers, Mathematics, and Statistics
- Philip Williams, MidSouth Bioinformatics Center
- Elisabeth Sherwin, Psychology, Ex-Officio, past Chair
- Brian Berry, Vice Provost for Research, Ex-Officio
2023 Meeting Schedule
- Thursday, January 19
- Thursday, February 2
- Thursday, March 2
- Thursday, April 6
- Thursday, May 4
- Thursday, June 1
- Thursday, July 6
- Thursday, August 3
- Thursday, September 7
- Thursday, October 5
- Thursday, November 2
- Thursday, December 7
Note: All meetings are from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. with the location to be determined.