Military Transfer Students

The Office of Transfer Student Services works with departments on campus to review and evaluate the general education core curriculum requirements for undergraduate military students at UA Little Rock. In certain instances, our office may require additional documents to help ensure a comprehensive evaluation of your academic credits.

For Prospective Students

Interested in continuing your education at UA Little Rock?

We are happy to assist you with any questions regarding your previous military credit and how that may help you continue your studies!

It’s easy to do with the following steps:

  1. Complete the Ask a Transfer Specialist form, and attach all military and/or college unofficial transcripts so that we can provide an accurate picture of your status regarding your general education core requirements.
  2. Once we receive your request, we will review it and begin working on your evaluation. Please be aware that we might contact you for additional information regarding the military coursework that you’ve completed. This could include course descriptions and/or syllabi that can assist in determining equivalency for courses here at UA Little Rock.
  3. Once all information has been reviewed, we will provide a completed core evaluation demonstrating how your previous courses will transfer into UA Little Rock. We will also connect you with the advisor for the program that you have listed on the Ask a Transfer Specialist form. This will allow you to continue to explore your options regarding joining a degree program at UA Little Rock.

For Current Students

Already a student at UA Little Rock with military courses that you think may count for transfer credit? We are happy to assist you! You can start the process by following these steps:

  1. Request that your official military transcripts be sent to UA Little Rock’s Office of Admission: UA Little Rock
    Office of Admissions
    Student Services Center
    Room 219
    2801 South University Ave.
    Little Rock, AR 72204
    Or email to:
  2. Complete the Ask a Transfer Specialist form to inform us that you are submitting official transcripts to the Office of Admissions to process possible military transfer credit.
  3. Once your official transcripts have been processed in our system, our office will begin reviewing your credits to determine if any of your previous work can be transferred to satisfy general education requirements. We will also work with your academic advisor to facilitate the review of any courses that may apply to your major. Please note:
    Your military credits will not automatically transfer into UA Little Rock. This is done to prevent any complications with financial aid and to minimize confusion regarding the number of credits required for graduation.
  4. You will receive notification via email if any of your military credits have been processed for credit via the receipt of the Non-Standard Credit form that will be submitted to the Office of Records and Registration on your behalf. If you have any questions regarding the transfer credit awarded, please contact the requestor who will be listed on the electronic form that is submitted on your behalf.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: From which military institutions does UA Little Rock accept credit?

A: We accept credit from Air University, and Community College of the Air Force, as well as the Joint Services Transcript among most military institutions.

Q: To whom should I reach out if I have military student-specific questions?

A: We have a great Military Student Success Center at UA Little Rock that would love to assist you!