Deciding where to go to college is one of the biggest decisions you will make. UA Little Rock will provide you with access to endless opportunities such as studying abroad, internships, research, networking, and jobs – both before and after graduation.
Admission standards for freshmen
Students with all of the following academic qualifications will be unconditionally admitted:
- ACT composite score of 19 or a 1010 SAT (test date March 2016 or later) or SAT I score of at least 910 combined Critical Reading/Math (test date prior to March 2016) or comparable Accuplacer or COMPASS score
- 2.5 minimum GPA
- Completion of the high school college preparatory core
Home-schooled graduates, online high school graduates, or those with a GED are unconditionally admitted if they have an ACT composite score of 19 or a combined verbal/math SAT I score of at least 910, or a comparable COMPASS score.
Students who do not meet requirements for unconditional admission may be considered for conditional admission. You must present one of the following to be conditionally admitted:
- ACT composite score of 18 or higher, or
- ACT composite of at least 15 and a 2.6 minimum GPA, or
- ACT composite of at least 15 combined with 5 or fewer D’s and F’s in college preparatory courses on the final high school transcript
Getting Ready to Apply
Our Quick Guide will walk you through your next steps from applying for admission and paying the $40 application fee (or requesting a waiver), submitting the required documents like your transcript, signing in to the student dashboard, applying for financial aid, and more.
- Application for admission and pay the $40 application fee. There’s no application fee for military students – request your waiver here.
- Immunization records or Titer Test showing Immunity (for students born after 1956) can be sent via mail, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 501-569-8956. It must include dated proof of two measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccines or the titer test with test date showing immunity. Not required for veterans or active duty military.
- Official high school transcript Ask your counselor to send a current high school transcript. After you graduate, we will need a final high school transcript with your graduation posted.
- Official college entrance exam scores Ask your counselor to send your scores along with your current high school transcript or request your scores through the exam provider.
- Official college transcripts (If you have taken college classes while in high school) from all post-secondary schools you’ve attended. Are you currently enrolled? Ask your registrar to send an in-progress transcript so that we can begin an initial review and then send another transcript after grades have posted. Official documents are sent directly from the institution that created the document. For example, official transcripts come from the previous college’s registrar by mail or electronic data submission.
We’re here to help! If you have more questions about applying to UA Little Rock, you can contact your recruiter and they will get back to you soon!