Deciding where to go to college is one of the biggest decisions you will make. UA Little Rock will provide you with access to endless opportunities such as studying abroad, internships, research, networking, and jobs – both before and after graduation.
Exploring different colleges? An education from UA Little Rock will have a big, immediate impact on your life. Get an overview of our University, academic pr…
Am I a Freshman?
- You will be a freshman if you are applying directly from high school, and you’ve never attended college, or all your college credits were earned prior to high school graduation (or equivalent). Any credits earned before completing high school will be evaluated for transfer, but will not impact your application status.
- If you have a high school diploma or GED and at least 12 transferable credit hours from another institution, you’re considered a transfer student.
Can I be admitted?
There are a lot of ways you can be admitted to UA Little Rock as a freshman. You can call these admissions standards. Find the one that matches your situation!
If you meet one of the admission standards, you are encouraged to apply and will be reviewed for possible admission. If you were denied admission, you can send updated official documents that show you meet one of the admission standards below.
All Standards Have This In Common
*One thing all standards have in common is that an official high school transcript or GED test AND an official college entrance exam score (taken in the last five years) have been submitted. Your high school GPA will be based on a 4.00 scale. The University will only accept the ACT, SAT, and ACCUPLACER for admissions decisions. You can learn more about submitting your documents in the Required Documents section below.
|Option #1–*New* No Minimum Test Score!
Official college entrance exam required for application
|No minimum requirement*||3.00|
|Option #2–No Minimum GPA
Official high school transcript required for application
||No minimum requirement*|
|Official GED test score or homeschool transcript required for application||No minimum requirement*|
|Official college entrance exam required for application||No minimum requirement*||2.00|
Our Quick Guide will walk you through your next steps from applying for admission and paying the $40 application fee (or requesting a waiver), submitting the required documents like your transcript, signing in to the student dashboard, applying for financial aid, and more.
- Application for admission and pay the $40 application fee. There’s no application fee for military students, so request your waiver here.
- Immunization records or Titer Test showing Immunity (for students born after 1956) can be sent via mail, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to 501-916-3128. It must include dated proof of two measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccines or the titer test with test date showing immunity. Not required for veterans or active duty military.
- Official high school transcript—Ask your counselor to send a current high school transcript. After you graduate, we will need a final high school transcript with your graduation date posted.
- Official college entrance exam scores—Ask your counselor to send your scores along with your current high school transcript or request your scores through the exam provider. Your test must have been taken within the last five years to be considered for a review in the Office of Admissions.
- Official college transcripts (If you have taken college classes while in high school) from all post-secondary schools you’ve attended. Are you currently enrolled? Ask your registrar to send an in-progress transcript so that we can begin an initial review and then send another transcript after grades have posted. Official documents are sent directly from the institution that created the document. For example, official transcripts come from the previous college’s registrar by mail or electronic data submission.
We’re here to help! If you have more questions about applying to UA Little Rock, you can contact your recruiter and they will get back to you soon!